During the cold season we naturally crave more comforting foods – and often have to deal with the consequences of a few extra pounds of weight as a result. To those looking for easier ways to offset that side-effect, Ayurveda, an ancient Indian holistic system, has some simple but effective tips:
• Avoid cold, heavy, sweet foods first thing in the morning and after 6pm. Try to eat spicy, bitter food and favour hot spices such as turmeric, fennel and cardamom to help strengthen your metabolism.
• Hydrate! Drink at least 1.5 litres of room temperature water a day.
• Drink plenty of ginger and lemon tea, especially after mealtimes to help with digestion.
• Practise around 40 minutes of yoga daily to tone the body and boost the circulation.
• Take Triphala (an ayurvedic herb combination) to eliminate toxins and fats from the body.
• Take 1 tablespoon of Chyawanprash (an ayurvedic food supplement) 2-3 times a day, full of anti-oxidants and Vitamin C.
• Treat yourself to an Ayurvedic Abdominal Massage, which helps to tone abdominal organs and aides with weight-loss.
By incorporating these few changes into your lifestyle, Ayurveda can greatly improve your overall wellbeing and state of mind.
The award winning Ayurveda Pura Health and Beauty Spa in London is dedicated to promoting an Ayurvedic lifestyle by offering a wide range of Ayurvedic spa treatments, beauty treatments and Ayurvedic consultations. To find out more visit www.ayurvedapura.com