Here are a few tips to help you age gracefully, naturally. From Erin McCann, Nutritional Consultant for Unbeelievable Health.
1) Increase Your Antioxidants
• Eat more fruits, like berries and citrus fruit, and vegetables, like leafy greens and squashes.
• Take a quality, natural supplement containing antioxidant rich plant extracts, like Bee Prepared Immune Support Daily Defence or Max Strength.
2) Maintain a balance between Omega 3 and Omega 6 Fatty Acids
The balance between Omega 3 and Omega 6 Fatty acids is important for reducing inflammation in the body, supporting cognitive function and for maintaining cellular health. Ideally the ratio should be between 1/5 to 1/2 (Omega 3/Omega 6). When consuming the typical ‘Western Diet’ this ratio can be 1/16. This balance can be maintained by:
• Reducing processed, refined foods and take-aways in your diet.
• Eating fresh oily fish like wild salmon, mackerel, haddock and sardines 3 or more times a week.
• Cooking with coconut oil as an alternative to butter, margarine and other oils.
Try Equazen EyeQ Mind.
3) Eat balanced meals and snacks regularly
Research has found that excess insulin can speed the ageing process and create inflammation in your body. You can balance insulin and blood sugar levels by:
• Eating meals with a combination of complex carbohydrates, quality vegetarian or lean animal proteins, and antioxidant rich vegetables.
• Having quality snacks between meals, such as hummus with vegetables or oatcakes, to maintain energy and balance insulin levels.
• Reduce stimulants like coffee which can increase insulin production.
4) Exercise regularly
Exercise not only aids in weight management but it supports your body with improving energy production, immune function and bone density. Increase your exercise throughout the day by:
• Taking a brisk 20 minute walk each day.
• Opting to use the stairs or walking to destinations when you can.
• Incorporating resistance training into your regime such as yoga, pilates or weights
5) Support immune function
As you age, your immune system may not work as efficiently. A well-functioning immune system will aid your body’s natural defences against infection and chronic illness. The best ways to support immunity are:
• Get adequate sleep and rest.
• Find ways to manage stress. Stress hormones have natural immunosuppressive actions.
• Eat immune supporting nutrient rich foods containing zinc, B vitamins, vitamin C and flavonoids.
• Get out in the sun for a dose of Vitamin D.
• Take natural, plant extract immune support supplements like Bee Prepared Immune Support, which will balance and support immune function without over stimulating it.
You can buy Bee Prepared Daily Defence Immune Support here….