1. WALK: Go for a walk – 20 minutes or so alone and preferably in countryside or in a park.
2. BATH: Lie in a hot bath for 20 minutes with a fantastic combination of a handful of Epsom salts, (or other pure salts), half a cup of bicarbonate of soda, and 10 drops of lavender oil (or other soothing oil like geranium or ylang ylang.
3. BREATHING: Try yoga breathing – alternative nostril breath or simply lie down, breathe in through the whole diaphragm to a count of four, and breathe out for a count of four.
4. MEDITATION: Learn to meditate – it’s not as mystical as it sounds. Just closing your eyes, sitting still and repeating a mantra or even one, two, one, two.
5. CALMING: Take Rescue Remedy after a shock or when you’re feeling generally anxious or stressed. The pastilles are good.
6. DRINKING & EATING: Try to avoid stimulants with caffeine in (coffee) and too much alcohol. Eat healthy meals with plenty of fruit and veg.
7. LYING DOWN: Lie in the semi-supine position (knees bent and a couple of paperbacks under your head). This is an Alexander Technique position, better done on the floor or a massage table. Close your eyes and let your muscles relax.
8. PANIC: When you’re feeling really panicky, try A. Vogel Stress Relief. It helps you to feel more normal without making you drowsy.
9. SLEEPING: At night put lavender drops on a tissue to calm you down and help you have a restful sleep.
10. T’AI CHI: Take up t’ai chi – moving meditation, which energises you and makes you feel calm.
|Lavender essential oil||Absolute Aromas||10ml||£11.61|
|Rescue Remedy pastilles||Bach Flower Remedies|
|Passiflora & Valerian Plus||ESI||50ml||£7.79|
|Geranium essential oil||Absolute Aromas||10ml||£9.22|
|Rescue Remedy Dropper||Bach Flower Remedies||20ml||£10.52|
|Rescue Remedy Spray||Bach Flower Remedies||7ml||£8.60|